Two wheeler insurance covers against any damages caused to a two wheeler and/or its riders due to an accident, theft or natural disaster.
A two-wheeler insurance plan provides coverage against liabilities that may arise from damages due to the accident. Two-wheeler insurance helps you cope up with the costs of the damages caused to the two-wheeler. The insurance coversall types of two-wheelers: scooter, motorcycle, moped and scooty and for all purposes: personal, commercial or mixed.
There are two types of policies: comprehensive ones that take care of any third party liability, damages to the vehicle and its riders, and liability only policies that cover against damages arising from third party action only.
Why you should have a Two Wheeler Insurance?
With the market for two-wheelers growing drastically year after year,buying a two-wheeler insurance policy online has also become a necessity. Some of the key benefits of buying a two-wheeler insurance policy online are:
- Cashless settlement
- Instant claims assistance
- 24*7 support
- Third party property damage/physical injury coverage
What does two-wheeler insurance policy cover?
The following things are covered under two-wheeler insurance: Loss or damage against natural calamities:
Your policy will cover fire, explosion, self-ignition or lightning, tempest, inundation, cyclone, hailstorm, frost, landslide, earthquake, flood, typhoon, hurricane, storm and rockslide.Loss or damage against man-made calamities:
Burglary, theft, riot, strike, any damage in transit by road, rail, inland waterway, lift, elevator or air is covered by two wheeler insurance, malicious act, accident by external means, terrorist activity.Personal Accident Cover:
Your two-wheeler insurance provides an additional coverage of Rs.1 lakh for the owner/driver of the vehicle. There are optional personal accident covers for pillion riders / unnamed hirers too.Third Party Legal Liability:
Protection against legal liability against damages resulting in the permanent injury or death of a person, and damage caused to the surrounding property.
What does the two-wheeler insurance policy not cover?
The following things are not covered under a two-wheeler insurance policy:
- Normal wear and tear
- General ageing of the vehicle
- Mechanical/electrical breakdown
- Vehicles being used more than what they are meant to be used for
- Damage to/by a person driving the vehicle without a valid license
- Damage to/by a person driving the vehicle under the influence of drugs or liquor
- Loss/damage due to war, mutiny or nuclear risk
- Loss or damage to accessories by burglary, house break-in or theft
- Wear and tear of consumables like tyres and tubes unless the vehicle is damaged at the same time
How to claim a two-wheeler insurance?
Like every other insurance claim, while claiming a two-wheeler insurance too one needs to inform the insurance provider about the event within the time specified by them. The following things are to be submitted to the insurer when intimate a claim-
- Your contact numbers
- Policy number
- Date and time of accident
- Name and contact details of insured person who is injured
- Location of accident/damage
- Brief description on how the accident/ loss took place with its location details
- Extent of damage/loss
It is advisable that your family members know of all the above information to make it a smooth cliam process. In case of Accidental death/ disability claim, following documents are required to submit-
- Death certificate (if applicable)
- Post mortem report
- FIR report
- Medical certificate
- Medicine bills
- Any other document sought by the insurance service provider